When your body is struggling through your detox, sometimes it’s good to give it a little help. All-natural supplements are healthy and can be taken even after your detox is over to help your body’s natural detox process.
Most of these supplements can be found at your local health food store or online. Just make sure they are all-natural. As always, if you are currently taking medication, check with your doctor before taking any supplements. Some supplements, even though natural, can interact with medication.
Before, during, and after, detox teas can help keep your body clear of toxins. There are so many different types on the market today that it’s hard to keep them all straight.
You want to make sure that when you choose one, it is organic and unsweetened.
Before we review some of these Detox let’s first take notes of some the benefits and side effects of detox
Detox Teas are also great ways to stay hydrated during your cleanse.
Some of Benefits of Detox Tea;
- Detox Tea cleanses the liver.
- It help to reduce stress and inflammation in the body.
- It contains antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of cancer.
- It contains beneficial phytonutrients that help slow down aging.
- It has an energizing effect.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Prevents and cures many skin diseases.
- Imparts a subtle glow to the skin.
Some side effects of Detox Tea when it’s overboard;
Detox tea may cause
- abdominal pain when consumed in excess
- your liver and kidney to get overworked
- headache, nausea, and dehydration
You should take the following precautions before consuming detox teas.
- Children, pregnant and lactating women, and people on medications should stay away from detox teas.
- Most detox teas are not FDA-approved. Hence, you must consult your doctor before consuming any detox tea.
These are some of the best detox teas on the market includes:
1. Hint Wellness – 14 Day Detox Tea
Hint Wellness – 14 Day Detox Tea claims to be a great weight loss and detox agent that reduces bloating, cleanses the colon, flushes out the extra water in the body, and makes you feel good and healthy within 14 days.
- Orange peel
- Black walnut
- Sarsaparilla nettle, and natural flavoring.
- Aids quick weight loss
- Improves sleep
- Reduces stress
- May cause mild stomach cramps initially.
2. BaeTea 28 Day Teatox
BaeTea is perfect for you, if you are not a fan of bitter-tasting teas. Its sweet and sour taste is an instant refresher and mood-booster. This tea doesn’t cause any irritation, reduces bloating, and aids quick weight loss.
The tea was made specifically for those interested in undergoing a tea detox, plus it’s not decaffeinated. It has a strong and spicy taste that helps to push the toxins from the body. The senna leaf acts as a natural laxative.
- Ginger root
- Matcha green tea
- Garcinia cambogia extract
- Rooibos leaf, green tea leaf
- Guarana seed
- Oolong wu yi leaf
- vitamin C
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Citric acid
- Stevia, and natural flavors.
- Tastes great
- Reduces bloating
- Cleanses the colon
- Boosts weight loss
3. V-tea T-tox 14 Day Detox Tea
V tea T-tox 14 Day Detox Tea induce weight loss within 14 days. It works by boosting the body’s metabolism and suppressing appetite. Since it doesn’t contain the natural laxatives, i.e., senna leaves, you will not be rushing to the washroom frequently. It is completely safe to take this tea to work or school for consumption later in the day.
- Burdock root
- Dandelion leaf
- Nettle leaf
- and other natural ingredients.
- Smells and tastes good
- Makes you more active and alert
- Boosts metabolism
- No laxative effect
- Not all ingredients are disclosed on the label.
- May not be effective for weight loss for everyone within 14 days.
4. Celestial Seasonings Green Tea
Celestial Seasonings Green Tea is the perfect blend of natural ingredients that help you calm down and induce sleep. When you get proper rest, your brain and body function in harmony and lower stress levels in the body. This can aid quick weight loss and improve your overall health.
- Decaffeinated green tea
- Tilia flowers
- Lemon and jasmine natural flavors
- Orange blossoms
- Vitamin C, and rosebuds.
- Induces sleep.
- Refreshing and rejuvenating effect.
May not be suitable for everyone to drink right before bed.
5. Green Root Tea – Detox Tea
Green Root Tea is a low-calorie detox tea that tastes and smells great. It has a soothing effect and helps reduce bloating. Regular drinkers of this tea claim to have seen visible results within 2-3 weeks. It also helps boost immunity and brain function.
- Green tea
- Orange peel
- Cacao, and natural flavors.
- Contains organic ingredients
- Reduces stress
- Aids weight loss
- Increases circulation
- Tastes great
- Can consume it as iced tea as well
- Contains caffeine
- The taste may not appeal to all.
6. Twinings Herbal Tea
This tea helps relieve stress, prevents constipation, boosts metabolism, and tastes great. It’s best have during breakfast or between lunch and evening snack for quick weight loss. Packs of Twinings detox tea are sold at a very reasonable price. The teabags are easy to use and have helped many people reduce extra weight.
- Lemon peel
- Ginger root
- Blackberry leaves
- Natural lemon and ginger flavors
- And citric acid.
- Tastes good
- Suppresses appetite
- Boosts immunity
- The taste may not appeal to everyone.
- The packaging is not that sturdy.
7. Yogi Detox Healthy Cleansing Formula
Yogi Detox teas are organic and clean. They come in several flavors,
including peach and dandelion. The detox tea has burdock
and dandelion, which help strengthen the liver and juniper berry
for purifying the kidneys.
8. Capital Teas Organic Detox
Capital Tea is grown and manufactured in the United States. Their detox tea if very complex in nature. It begins with a base of green tea, which helps to cleanse. Lemongrass, lemon peel, and lemon oil are added to the tea mixture for taste as well as purifying properties. Last, mango, strawberry, and peppermint infuse the loose leaf tea to help make the tea favorable and balance the strong citrus tastes.
11. Traditional Medicinals Organic EveryDay Detox Tea
The formulation of Traditional Medicinals Organic EveryDay Detox Tea is based on traditional Chinese medicine. It is mild and does not shock the body with a super-extra dose of ingredients. This tea helps stimulate the body’s natural detoxification process and does not put too much strain on your liver.
- Chicory root
- Licorice root
- Star anise fruit
- Schisandra fruit dry extract
- Dandelion root
- Lycium fruit dry extract
- Schisandra fruit
- Kukicha twig
- And ginger rhizome.
- Supports healthy liver function.
- Mild and tastes good.
- Boosts the body’s natural detoxification process.
- May have an unappetizing taste.
These are the 10 best detox teas that help you reduce weight. Apart from weight loss, detox teas have many other benefits.
Detox teas can be helpful in and out of a cleanse especially to those that intend to lose weight. Ensure you have the tea between meals and during snack time to reap its benefits.
Goodluck as you find the one you like the best, but make sure not to add creams and sugars to it during cleanse. Focus on healthy eating habits, manage your lifestyle, and keep moving around to lose weight in a healthy manner.
- How Effective Are Antioxidant Supplements in Obesity and Diabetes?, Medical Principles and Practice, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Effectiveness of green tea on weight reduction in obese Thais: A randomized, controlled trial. Physiology & Behavior, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Oolong tea increases metabolic rate and fat oxidation in men. The Journal of Nutrition, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Effects of black tea on body composition and metabolic outcomes related to cardiovascular disease risk: a randomized controlled trial. Food & Function, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.